Saturday, March 21, 2015

Journal Post #10

Priorities and Time

Priorities and time are two concepts that go hand in hand.  They sometimes work together and other times not.  As a married, father of 4, full-time employee, full-time student, soccer coach, and active LDS member I have come to understand the importance of priorities and the value of time.  Priorities are abundant and time—obviously, is not.  In fact, in many situations I find others around me trying to prioritize my priorities for me, which is somewhat of a paradox.  Having limited time and often-unlimited list of priorities or responsibilities I have found a couple of things that have worked for me:

1. Identify what is important to you and allow that to direct your prioritization.
We should all have a “short list” of things that are most important to us.  For me, my wife and kids are what I value most in this life.  Yes, I enjoy snow skiing, I like being with friends, I would love to spend time training to run a marathon, but right now many of those activities do not occur as frequently as I would like.  Understanding the time and season of life improves my perspective and allows me to allocate my time efficiently right now.

2. Do your best.
At the end of the day, all you can do is your best.  If you put forth a sincere effort each day to setting daily (even hourly) goals and accomplish them, your best will get better.  You will still come up short, but as long as you efforts are directed by your core fundamental priorities you will be able to go to bed each night knowing you have given it your all. 


$100.00 Challenge Project Update:

I have one me more shelf install to complete this morning.  I am planning on completing my budget spreadsheet and see where I have ended up.

No comments:

Post a Comment