Friday, April 3, 2015

Journal Post #12

Reflection

As a missionary, I made a goal that I would write in my journal each day.  It wasn’t a goal I necessarily made for myself, it was more a goal that I was encouraged to make by my Branch President in the MTC.  He promised that in so doing we would be blessed.  Knowing that I was going to need all the blessing I could get I took on the challenge and wrote in my journal every night. 

When I first started I was unsure what to write and couple months into it I felt like I really didn’t have anything meaningful to say.  I felt sorry for any of my future children that may end up reading this poor excuse of a journal. 

Twenty months in to my mission and hundreds of pages later, I actually went back and started reading my journal, starting from the beginning.  I was amazed—not of myself, but of the blessings I had received in that short twenty month period.  I could see growth, maturity and increased understanding in each entry. 

I think the thing I treasure most about by journal is that every day was accounted for.  I knew I had to something productive each day, because at the end of the day I would be responsible to note what I had accomplished.  I did not want to return to the apartment without something to important to note.

The journal in this class has served as a similar tool for me.  Each week I have had the opportunity to reflect on all the assignments I have worked on in each of my classes.  My journal entry has almost always been the last assignment I completed that week, as it was my time to reflect on what I have learned.  I have made a personal commitment to continue to keep a journal an account for my time and remember the lessons I have learned.

$100.00 Challenge Project Update:

This week was great.  I really enjoyed watching each student’s presentation and seeing how their projects turned out.  It was interesting to see the variety of ventures that were pursued.  It was truly inspiring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment